Sunday, June 12, 2016

Chapter 14 - Testing

After ‘teaching’ Severa for the rest of the evening, I slipped offline. The 4x time compression was great, since it allowed me to really enjoy the game, but I still tried to log off for a bit while sleeping in game. That let me get food, restroom breaks, and my daily exercise. It also let me check the forums, to see if any new info was posted. Of course, forum surfing was done in my virtual room, so I got the same time compression.

There wasn’t much posted yet about AAO, except people giving glowing reviews of the game, and the high level of realism. I set up my new streaming account on the site, and posted video of my ‘boss fight’ as a teaser. I had a feeling that making a dungeon boss into a Dolcett girl was going to be a big hit. Especially when I linked it to my Torgan account, so my old fans could see the new me.

With that set up, I dove back into the game.

Stretching as I ‘woke up’, I turned, and smiled, seeing Severa still standing where I left her, bent over and grabbing her ankles. I’d ordered her to remain like that all night. Somehow, she’d even managed to fall asleep like that, which was impressive. Looking over to my side, I saw Della’s naked form lying next to me in bed, curled against me. Life was good. A quick check told me that it was 6 AM, game time. The Guild wouldn’t be open until 9, and breakfast wasn’t served until 7. I had some time…

After I’d gotten the spell, I’d cast Sheltered Passion on both of my slaves. Dealing with pregnancy might be interesting later on, but I’d like to be more established before needing to worry about that. So I had no problems enjoying both my girls thoroughly. Thoroughly enough, in fact, that we just barely made it to the Guild at 9, even though it was next door.

Entering, I saw the same clerk, and greeted him. He told me that testing would be done on the second floor, and had an indentured servant lead the way. As we went up the stairs, I talked to the young girl (she had to be 12), and found out that she’d been indentured to the Guild when she was eight as payment for a monster subjugation quest, since her village was poor, and couldn’t afford the reward for the high level request. She still had six years left of her ten-year term, but had been taught to read and write, among other things, so she was actually better off than many in her village.

On the second floor, I went to a desk, and asked for the tests in both magic and martial skills. I wasn’t quite sure what I was expecting. Maybe a globe you touched to rank your magic, or your power level, or that displayed your stats and titles, or some such? Yeah, not so much.

I did the Martial test first. The examiner was a Master rank swordsman, so no one expected me to win the fight. And it was a fight. The best way to determine one’s skill with weapons was to actually use the weapon, it seemed. So I used my sword skills and the wooden blades they gave us, and tried not to make an utter fool of myself. During the fight, however, I managed to land a single blow, which was followed by a window popping up.


Sword Mastery
Basic, Level 1 (0%)
Add 1% to attack and damage with swords. (Increases by 1% per level from here on.)
Chance of inflicting status effects (Bleed, Cripple) increased by +10%


With that, the swordsman nodded, and proclaimed that, while I still had a ways to go, he would at least certify me as being high F-rank with the sword. If I did well with the Magic test, then the contributions of Severa’s former rank should be enough to get me to E-rank, not a bad place to start out.

The Magic test was conducted in another room, which was warded and shielded to keep magic, and its secondary effects, trapped inside. This was important, as new mages could often lose control of their spells. Not too dangerous with me, but when a sorcerer played with fireballs, then that could get very bad, very quickly. It is the same reason why gun ranges don’t have people walk down their lane to check the target. Well, not unless the entire range is clear. Sure, the other people might be aiming elsewhere, but one mistake goes bad, fast.

The instructor was a beastkin, of the Rabbit type. I tried Observing her, out of habit, and was suitably impressed.


Canea Whitetail
Rabbitkin Female
Level 50 Ice Mage


A level 50 was no joke, since I was only level 10. Still, they had to know what would happen if they put a cute Rabbitkin female in the same room with an incubus, right? Well, she was probably sure she could keep my charms at bay. Probably right, too.

“All right. You don’t look like much, but I’m willing to see what you’ve got. What magics are you skilled in?”

“I’m Basic level in both Dark and Charm magics.”

“Hoh. Interesting choice there. Most wannabe mages go for things like Fire first off, so they can do the most damage possible.”

“But neither of us are like that, are we? After all, you’re an ice mage, not fire.”

“So, you snuck a look at me with Observe, hmm? Clever boy. So, let me see what you can do. The setup of this test is simple. Power is important, but not nearly as much as being able to use your spells flexibly and reliably. I’ll be casting my own spells at you, so you’re going to have to think fast. Understand?”

“Got it.”

“Good, give me your best shot, kid. You may begin when you’re ready.”

Immediately, I did the gestures and called out the words to my Darkbolt. Doing this kind of thing takes longer, but generally adds power to the spell. On the other hand, it also provides a handy distraction if you want to try something else, and make people think you’re using a different spell. I silently cast Fruitful Passion on myself, so the bunnygirl wouldn’t notice while speaking, and then silently cast Darkbolt once I was finished with the words, sending a black ray of energy from my hand, which deflected easily off the bunnygirl’s shield spell.

And then I was dodging, rolling forward as ice came crashing down where I was just a moment ago. Since I had already made the opening move, she clearly saw no reason to let me get any more free shots in. I ducked under an ice spear, and silently cast Euphoria on her. I’d rapidly burned through most of my MP, but it was SO worth it. Her shield spell only countered damaging attacks, and I hadn’t telegraphed my spell this time, so she was hit full force by the spell, falling to her hands and knees at the sudden assault of pleasure.

In the next moment, I was behind her, flipping up the mage robes she wore, and she was too delirious to notice until I had thrust inside her. She was a very tiny thing, only 5’ tall, but she was surprisingly accommodating. Well, she was a rabbit, so…

Anyways, I let Euphoria wear off as I continued. The little rabbit looked like she was about to get pissed, but then I stroked her behind her ears as I thrust in, hard, and her eyes rolled back in her head. I might get in trouble for this later, but gotta admit I couldn’t care about that now. So I just allowed my mana to regen a little as I fucked the instructor from behind. And then I hit her with Euphoria again just as I was about to cum, blasting inside her as her back arched in pleasure, and she passed out.

A few minutes later, the rabbitkin (Canae was it?) stirred, and woke up. And then she realized that I was letting her head rest in my lap. She sprung up like only a rabbit could, and began looking ROYALLY pissed. “Y-y-you!!!”

Getting up, I smiled at her, and said, “Well, you did say to give you my best shot, didn’t you? I am an incubus. It’s what I do.” Smiling, I tried to use my Seduction to calm her down, or at least keep her from sending too many spells my way.

She looked distinctly displeased, but managed to get control of herself. “Fine, I should have expected an Incubus to do such a brutish thing. And I’ve taken my potion for the month. But when did you learn silent casting? That is a high level skill.”

I shrugged. “I am a Traveler. When I was given information about magic in this world, it said that words and gestures could focus the magic. Since it never said that they were required, I decided to figure out how to cast spells without them, and it worked.”

Shaking her head, Instructor Whitetail sighed. “Damn Travelers. You do understand that most mages don’t learn how to do silent casting until they’re at least E rank, right? And being able to do it while fighting like that, that’s D rank, at least!”

“Well, I was practicing by using magic and not getting killed by forest wolves.”

This just caused her to mutter more, something along the lines of, “Damn Travelers!” After a moment, she shook her head, clearing her thoughts, and said, “All right. I’m willing to certify you as E rank, borderline D. You don’t have the power to go along with a D rank, though, so don’t get cocky. Go and amuse yourself elsewhere. Myself and the martial instructor will confer with the Guildmaster, and decide where to put you. Results will be ready by the time you get your guild card, so sometime in the evening.”

Taking that as a dismissal, I slipped out of the room, and went back to the desk where I’d signed up for the tests. Looking at the clerk behind the desk, I nodded to him, and said, “So, finished my evaluations, and now I’d like to take the Class test?”

The clerk looked up at me, and said, “All right, this one’s simple.” He pulled out a crystal orb on a stand, and said, “Place your hand on the orb, and it will give you suggestions on good classes for you. Pick one, and it will tell you where to go to get the class.”

Reaching out, I placed my hand on the orb, and a screen popped up.



Class Advisor
Role: Face

Analyzing…

Considering your play style to date, there are several classes that may interest you. You may only have one main Class. Actions in game may give you the option to upgrade or change your main class.

Subclasses are specializations of your main class, and are unlocked at level 30.

Suggested choices:

Warlock
A caster class specializing in dark magic and enhancing their own abilities. Capable of using light armor. Can advance into Twilight Master, Hexblade, or Demon Tamer.
Beguiler
An oddity amongst other casters, the Beguiler specializes in Illusion and Charm-based magics. As such, their magical damage potential is extremely low. However, they can wear light armor, and make excellent spies, or politicians. Can advance into Reality Shaper, Mindbender, or Mystic Spymaster.
Dominator
A class focused entirely on stripping others of their free will, and turning them into mindless slaves. Often compared to necromancers, but with living beings rather than undead. Can advance into Legion Mind, Mindslayer, or Master of Thralls.
Blackguard
Often described as the dark twin of the Paladin, the Blackguard focuses on corruption and death where a Paladin might seek purity and life. Can use heavy armor and shields, as well as all simple and Martial weapons. Can advance into Death Knight, Slaughterlord, or Tyrant.


Previous Chapter                                Table of Contents                              Next Chapter

No comments:

Post a Comment