Saturday, July 30, 2016

Chapter 38 - The Guild

The spell dumped us in the city square, in an area that was generally open, which was lucky, since we were quite a large group. Considering things, I said, “All right, ladies. I need to go deliver my gift to the palace, but Della will lead you all to the inn where we’ve been staying. Della, when you get to the room, give them some of the spare traveling clothes I made when I was practicing my skills. That will at least keep them from drawing quite as much attention. After that, we can work out what we’ll do moving forward. Lusha, with me. We’re going to see the Princess.”

With that settled, I led Lusha with me through the streets towards the Palace. The permissions I had been granted after being made a knight were still in place, as I was still in good standing with the kingdom. As I got closer to the palace, I did get some interesting looks because of my ‘gift’, but those with Observe were able to see what was what, so I wasn’t stopped until I actually reached the palace.

Naturally, I was challenged before I could enter the palace. I might be known, and allowed through the building, but guards that don’t at least set checkpoints are bad guards.“What business do you have Sir Zayn?”

“I come bearing tales of success. My party ventured into the Depraved Pits, and conquered the dungeon, slaying a demon’s pawn that had taken residence there. As we were clearing the place out, I discovered this woman, a plaything for the demons, and decided to make her a gift to the Princess Esyae, to do with as she will. Is the princess here, or has she left to train her skills once more?”

The guard laughed, and said, “If only I had found such treasures when I went into the dungeons as a younger man! But you have the devil’s own luck, it is said. The Princess is within. I will send word to her, and one of the guards will guide you.”

I thanked the guard, and followed the junior guardsman who came to lead us through the palace. Eventually, we were led to a private sitting room, and asked to wait until the Princess came. I sat on one of the chairs, and bade Lusha kneel in front of me. A servant came in shortly thereafter, offering me some wine, which I accepted. Elven wine is never something you should turn down, if you have any taste for alcohol at all.

About the time he finished his glass of wine, both Aravae and Esyae entered the room. He smiled, seeing that they had both gotten back up to level 25. As princesses, they had responsibilities he didn’t, of course, and didn’t have as much time for training, so they must have been going out every chance they had. When they entered, he rose, and bowed to them.

Aravae was the first to speak. “So, the guard told us you’ve cleared out a dungeon? And that you brought Esyae a gift? And not one for me?” She pouted, but it was an act.

I chuckled. “I was clearing out the dungeon when I found something that I was sure Esyae would like very much. I didn’t find anything similar for you, but Esyae may want to share the gift with you.” He stepped aside, so that they could get a look at Lusha.

Esyae started, and then had a wicked gleam in her eye. “Oooh, so you caught the insolent wench that thought she could pass herself off as me? She’s got quite a few debts she tried to rack up in my name. And now the bitch is your slave! How’d she end up in the dungeon?”

I gave them both the brief rundown of the dungeon, including how I’d rescued the prisoners from the lowest floor. I also included that I had a fallen knight in my group now, since that would be known before long, in any case.

“So Crana fell to her pride. I guess some time as your pet should give her a proper education.” Aravae shook her head, sadly.

Esyae was ecstatic, however, once I transferred Lusha’s ownership to her. She took a break from whispering the punishments she’d be dishing out to the girl in order to look up at me. “So, you seem to have gained some new titles since we last saw you. Care to explain what they mean?”

I chuckled, and then explained some of the effects of Trophy Hunter, Harem King, and Stud Horse (the last two I’d gotten from my ‘work’ with Shagar). The princesses just shook their heads. Finally, Aravae said, “Honestly, trust an incubus to get titles like that.”


Harem King
You have taken the mantle of a Harem King. As such, your allure is increased, and those who willingly serve you are happier. Those forced to serve you are more likely to become willing.

+10 CHA
+20% to Seduction
Willing harem members +10% Morale bonus to all actions (stacks with other bonuses).
Unwilling harem members -20% morale penalty to resist attempts to make them willing members.


Stud Horse
You have a reputation for having strong blood. Those seeking to add strength to their bloodlines may seek you out. Those you lie with are more likely to become pregnant thanks to the magic of your blood. You may even be able to impregnate nonhumanoid creatures. You may also be used as a scapegoat for those seeking to cover up their own misdeeds.

+420 Fame
+440 Infamy
+5% chance that females of childbearing age may seek you out as a stud.
+25% chance that any ‘unplanned’ or out of wedlock pregnancies in your area will be blamed on you.
Can impregnate any creature of the Humanoid, Magical Beast, Dragon, Outsider, Fey, and Undead types at the normal rate for his race.


I shrugged. “What can I say, I’ve been busy.” That got a laugh from both princesses. We chatted for a bit more, mostly small talk, and then as I took my leave, the princesses promised to have someone come to the inn to check on the former prisoners.


(Later)
I’d just gotten back to the inn, and immediately noticed that most of the ladies I’d come here with were off in one corner, looking anxious at the crowd that was in the common room. The only one missing was Yukiko, who was with the crowd, which meant the strange lot were Travelers. They hadn’t noticed me yet, so I went over to the girls. Best sort this out first.

I sat down at the table with Brylres, Shagar, and the elf sisters, and said, “Well, ladies, I’ve had a chat with the Princess, and someone will be coming along to check on things, and help out how they can. Brylres, Shagar, if you want, they will have a mage transport you to one of the capitols. And you three,” I turned to the elf sisters, “I can tell you that they’ll at least try to help you get back on your feet here. They were shocked to hear what had been happening in that place.”

Brylres nodded. “That’d be for the best, I think. I’ll not be getting any armor here that is better than what I can make once I get to the clan forges, and I wouldn’t go traveling without a weapon and armor.”

Shagar looked upset. “I do not wish to leave you, but my duty to the tribe is clear. I should return.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll come visit as soon as I am able. I am a Traveler, after all. And I suspect I’ll be traveling a good deal, until I can complete the quest Brylres gave me.”

The sisters looked like they were about to speak, but then Yukiko’s voice sounded behind me. “Master, we have some guests that have traveled a long way to join us.”

I turned, and saw a dark elf maiden in a ranger’s getup, with twin scimitars and a bow. From the grin on Yukiko’s face, I had a feeling this would be interesting.

Lexichan do’Urden
Dark Elf Female
Level 30 Ranger / Barbarian
Titles: Hunter, Tempest, Daywalker, Undead Bane

I looked askance at the drowess, and chuckled. “So, you finally made that tribute character you were always talking about, Lexichan?”

Lexichan grinned, and said, “You know it, boss. Anyways, I gathered almost fifty of the old crowd. You just gotta give the word, and the guild is back, and ready to see what this world has to offer.” And with that, she handed me a bag containing the 100 gold needed to start a guild.

Opening the interface, I went to the area to register a guild. After paying the fees, I was able to create the name, and the symbol for the guild. Then I’d just need at least 11 others to sign on before the guild became official. I’d thought about what to call this guild, since ‘Lords of Light’ was out, due to us going dark side. In the end, I decided on something that was symbolic of our path, but not something that would just scream “Pallys come gank us” like ‘Demons’ or some crazy shit like that.

‘Aria of the Twilight’ would be the guild name, and our symbol would be a silver skull gripping a red rose in its teeth, set upon a black field. With a wave, I sent the invites to all the travelers in the room, and to the NPCs I was familiar with. Brylres shook her head, and declined, which I nodded to, expecting that, but Shagar, the three sisters, and my slaves all accepted, along with the Travelers.


Guild: Aria of the Twilight

Leader: Zayn Darkmore
Subleader: Lexichan do’Urden


There, I’d fill in the rest later, but for now, I set the guild tax as 10% of the gold people got from monster drops. This would help fund the building of a guild hall. I stood, and said, “All right, people. Now that we’ve got our guild again, I say we make this city our base. But that’s boring talk for later. Right now, it is almost time for the midday meal, so I say it is time for drinks, and a feast!” I held up my drink, and said, “To the Aria of the Twilight! First round is on me!”

Cheers echoed my call, especially the part about free beer. Never failed.


(Much Later)
There were introductions, and drinks, and stories told of our adventures in this world, as well as in WoD. Before the end, the crowd had grown to standing room only, as other NPCs and Travelers came to hear some of our stories. It was only after the evening meal that people began settling down, and heading to their homes, while the members of Aria found rooms for the night.

Before long, it was just me, my pets, and the core of the old Lords: Lexichan, the drow ranger; Bercilac, the gnome rogue; Raunaeril, the baby dragon flame sorcerer; Cookie, the human fighter; and Ruva, the Medusa monk. Reunited after all this time, we raised a glass together, and the conversation turned to friendly matters.

It was Ruva who started it. “So, Yukiko, you finally worked up the nerve to spread for the guild master, huh?”

Yukiko blushed, and said, “It wasn’t like that! I-I mean, it wasn’t all like that. If I’d known who he was in this game, I would have sent a message. But I started off a slave because of my qualities.”

Severa chuckled, and said, “So that’s why you were spending every moment you could bending over for Master, hoping he’d take you first?” There were more laughs at Yukiko’s expense.

Ruva broke in again, ‘looking’ at my pets. Between her snakes and her monk training, apparently she’d gotten a Blindsense-related title, so she could ‘see’ without taking off her blindfold. “So, I assume all you girls have had the pleasure. Tell me, is he really as big as the stories we’ve been hearing say?”

The girls looked at eachother, and giggled, before looking back to Ruva. “Bigger.”

I shrugged, and said, “I may have gotten a little carried away during character creation.”

Yukiko giggled. “A little?”

Lexichan, Cookie, and Ruva looked at eachother, and then turned to me. “Let us see!”

I sighed, dramatically. “I’ll let you see, but on one condition. You pick one of you three to ‘test drive’ it for the rest of the night, while the others watch.”


What followed was a very spirited game of rock-paper-scissors. And Ruva won.


Previous Chapter                              Table of Contents                          Next Chapter

2 comments:

  1. Glad your still writing. Enjoying this a suprising amount. :)
    I can't wait to see if you can keep it going and if you do this may end up being one of my all time favourites. I love your other stories too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your still writing. Enjoying this a suprising amount. :)
    I can't wait to see if you can keep it going and if you do this may end up being one of my all time favourites. I love your other stories too.

    ReplyDelete