Friday, June 2, 2017

Prologue - Trade Chat

In-Game Chat – Sol System

DeadMan, Grabble, BakulaScott, Gorm, Knocker, Dabbldoya, Thagran, HaveGunWillTravel, ScruffyLooking, MacD, Lord_Kickass, Requiesce-in-Pace, Guardian, Anonymous6, and M.Mollen are in the chat.

Lord_Kickass: Damnit, even after I get out of jail, that bitch is still screwing me!
MacD: What happened?
Lord_Kickass: I’m being charged for that Major’s funeral, even though I didn’t kill her!
Knocker: That sucks, but at least you’re not in jail, right?
Lord_Kickass: Yeah. They just ran me through the wringer until they were clear that I was telling the truth and knew nothing about her. Even had people do mindreading on me.
Grabble: I haven’t run into anyone using mental powers. What it feel like?
Lord_Kickass: Weird, like someone was reading the computer screen over my shoulder, you know?
Gorm: FUCK! Check the feed from Choson Ring!
Dabbldoya: What happened?
HaveGunWillTravel: Um…
Guardian: Heh…
M.Mollen: Well, about that…
ScruffyLooking: *chuckles* So what happened?
Gorm: Heh. Well it looks like you three are copping to it, but there was a fight in the ring. Half a section got blown to hell, from what I heard.
M.Mollen: Oh, it wasn’t that bad. Just a few corridors between me and the ship. And the hangar bay. And the hangar doors.
Thagran: What.
HaveGunsWillTravel: Local syndicate decided they wanted to take Cap’n’s toys. He politely responded by spraying the corridor with full-auto until there wasn’t anyone moving. Then we had a nice running gun fight to the hangar.
M.Mollen: Where they had thirty guys waiting on us.
BakulaScott: How’d you get past them?
M.Mollen: The guns on a starship, even a freighter, do nasty things to people in enclosed spaces. Only took a few seconds to take them down.
DeadMan: I’ve heard a Navy destroyer just dropped off the screens.
HaveGunsWillTravel: Well, you see the station wasn’t happy with the Cap’n for shooting up the place, or blowing the doors off the hangar, so they sent fighters after him. Navy destroyer just ‘happened’ to be nearby.
M.Mollen: Most likely sent by the Prince, to grab the Princess. Anyways, ducking into Jupiter’s atmosphere let Guns and Guardian score their first fighter kills. Then the destroyer followed us in, deciding they didn’t want us to lose them in the storms.
Gorm: What happened?
M.Mollen: I used missiles to detonate a rather high concentration area of hydrogen in the cloud. The blast wave rocked the destroyer pretty bad. Must have caused a containment breach in the reactor, because then it was annihilated in a second.
Requiesce-in-Pace: You seem to be very popular on the bounty boards.
M.Mollen: Ugh. Just over two weeks in, and I’ve already got over a million in bounties on my head. Of course, you wouldn’t be able to collect all of that, since the only way to get each group to pay would be to kill me, and that side of the bounty is a lot lower.
Requiesce-in-Pace: And you’re openly admitting this?
M.Mollen: Sure. The bounties are public record, anyways. But I plan on going the smuggler route, once this business with the Princess is behind me. Getting out of Imperial space will be a good thing, I think.
Lord_Kickass: How much is the bounty on you dead?
M.Mollen: 360000 credits. Not enough to get you a new ship. And you would have to run pretty fast to catch up with me.
Gorm: Already heading out of system?
M.Mollen: Made the jump an hour ago. Seems you stay in your same system chat until you reach a new system. Guess they didn’t want people getting bored with days of no contact between systems.
Lord_Kickass: DAMNIT!
DeadMan: Hah!
Knocker: You got style, I’ll give you that.
ScruffyLooking: Uh-oh. I think that stunt will cost the rest of us, though. I’ve got word that the Senate is considering legislation to restrict Nomads from owning ships.
Knocker: It is an overreaction to a stressful few days. They’ll calm down soon.
MacD: But it is official that all Nomads are now officially banned from Earth unless they have approval from the Senate, the Emperor, or the Admiralty.
Gorm: Nooo, all those lovely quests just waiting to happen, gone! Oh the humanity!
M.Mollen: They have to look like they’re doing something. Even if it won’t work.
Knocker: Yeah, but it’ll screw things up in the meantime, especially if other planets follow suit.
DeadMan: Nah, it won’t happen. The Devs will step in before players are kicked out of every planet. It would kill the game!
MacD: I can see capitol planets restricting Nomads, especially with the Smoker’s Club out there, but there will always be shady ports where people can do business, or official service, for people who like that kind of thing.
M.Mollen: It will quiet down as soon as Nomads start really making a contribution to the world. The game’s still young, so until we have some real power, we’ll be convenient scapegoats.
Gorm: Yeah, getting some steady business and a good rep is the way to get ahead, same as every other MMO. It is just that DAtS feels more real.
M.Mollen: True that.
Guardian: I’m just glad that I’m part of something. First two weeks were real dull.
HaveGunsWillTravel: Yeah, but at least we’re having fun now, right?
M.Mollen: And there’s a whole galaxy to explore while we’re at it!
Lord_Kickass: You never said where you were headed.
M.Mollen: No, I did not. And no, I won’t tell you.
Lord_Kickass: I’m going to kill you a hundred times, asshole!
M.Mollen: Not today, kid, not today.


M.Mollen has left the chat.




Previous Chapter                                   Table of Contents                                     Next Chapter

No comments:

Post a Comment